As social beings, we spend a lot of time and effort in communicating with those around us.
Career Concepts' Communicating with Confidence, Clarity, and Persuasion workshop focuses on core concepts vital to successful communication. You will explore Styles of Communication, Assertiveness, Effective Listening Skills, Questioning Techniques and so much more.
This highly engaging and practical course is designed to show you how to:
- The different styles of communication and identify your own
- The 4 dominating personalities that help identify the communication style you will use to make the most impact
- How to respond to aggressive people and get them on your side
- How to ask the right questions at the right time
- The 6-step disagreement technique that builds trust
- How to avoid appearing too aggressive or too passive
- Develop a personal communication improvement plan and start it
- How to guide conversations towards the direction of your choice
- Understand what causes misunderstandings and how to minimize them
- The must-do steps to create instant rapport and gain commitment
- When you should use first-person sentences when communicating with others versus the second person.
- How to simplify, clarify and summarize communications using empathic communication
- How to handle phone conversations
- Understand the cycle of decision making and how you can use this to help sway decisions
- Learn the most persuasive words in the English language and when to use them
- How to rephrase requests and ask others for what you want
- How to gain commitment without using power, position, or status
- What strategy to use in managing difficult conversations
- The 7-step technique for delivering bad news
- The 6-step technique to apologize and show that you mean it without losing credibility
- How to deal with yours and others emotions quickly and get to the matter at hand
Ask yourself these questions:
- Delivering bad news is hard, do you wish there was a way to deliver the bad news without creating bad feelings?
- Sometimes you just don’t feel as confident as you would like and you want a full-proof way to project confidence and power all the time?
- Some people and situations are challenging on the best of days, wish you could just wave a magic wand and make everyone hear what you are saying and buy into it?
- Are you tired of being intimidated by high-pressure situations and demanding people?
- Do you often ask yourself why you didn’t think to say this or do that in the moment?
By The End Of This Course You Will Be Able To:
- Express your ideas assertively, confidently, and precisely
- Deliver bad news with poise and encourage a positive response
- Understand the non-verbal cues while communicating with others
- Control the flow of difficult conversations
- Prepare for and deliver bad news using a systematic step by step technique
- Apologize while showing sincerity and improve your relationships
- Know the 6 universal principles of influence and learn how to use them or counteract them
- Say NO decisively and politely
- Distinguish between assertive, aggressive, and passive behaviour
- Criticize and change behaviour while staying friends and or colleagues
- Disagree with the other person in such a way that helps them understand your meaning and not take it personally
Communicating with Confidence, Clarity and Persuasion
- Sales Professionals
- Leaders, Managers and Supervisors
- Human Resource Professionals
- Trainers, Presenters, Facilitators and Mediators
- Individuals who lead or work within teams
- Individuals responsible for negotiating with suppliers, vendors, unions and companies
- Marketing and Communications Officers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Anyone who relies on their ability to communicate effectively and confidently
“[I learned new] ways to deal with people [at] home, the office and socially. [Also] to manage a difficult customer or external contact.” - Gail G., New York
“[The seminar] helped to bring thoughts and ideas of how I can better communicate in all aspects of my life.” - Jamie C., New York
“The workshop was extremely helpful on teaching us how to listen, communicate and help our customers in every situation.” - Jennifer W., New York