Training Course Description:
Managers and supervisors are an intricate part of any organization. You as a leader have the power to turn on or off the productivity of the people who work with and for you. You have more skills than the employees you supervise because management chose you to lead the team. Leadership Skills for Managers and Supervisors will help you develop strong leadership skills, better relationships, and the confidence to motivate and inspire your team.
Career Concepts' Leadership Skills for Managers and Supervisors workshop is designed to teach you about people, personalities, leadership habits: good and bad, and the idea mentality exceptional leaders possess. This program is designed to develop you as a manager or supervisor in the workplace through “Accelerated Learning and Modern Coaching Skills”. You require specialized knowledge for maintaining a productive work environment. You will learn effective skills and practical solutions for successful leadership, innovation, and motivation.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have problematic employees and need a way to deal quickly and professionally with them.
- Do you wish you could just get them to want to do their job?
- You desire a positive work environment and you are not sure how to get it?
- Do you want to reduce staff turnover and bring the team together?
- Have you reached a point in your career where you feel outdated and think there must be a better way?
- Are you feeling unorganized and inefficient?
- You got your promotion but now you are supposed to manage the people you use to work alongside?
- Are much younger or new to a maturing team or you have the expertise and seniority while your team is younger or newer to the organization and you want surefire ways to gain their respect and lead them.
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, this workshop is for you!
By The End Of This Course You Will Be Able To:
- Clearly define the core requirements of Personal, Team and Task Leadership
- Increase their self-awareness and develop a positive approach to leadership
- Utilize clear methods of getting the best out of your team and those around them
- Implement working practices that will assist them in becoming great leaders and team players
- Nurture a workforce that is more motivated, inspired, and productive
- Understand the relationship between stakeholders, clients, team members, and you
- Influence and motivate people in the right direction
- Coach and develop your team to operate at their peak levels
- Think strategically and move your goals to align with the company’s mission
- Inspire your team and those around you
- Influence key people
- Manage risk and exploit opportunities
In this dynamic program you will learn:
- What authentic leadership is
- Encourage hope, positivity, ambition, and compassion
- How to Set Goals and follow through with every one of them
- How to develop your people and build loyalty
- The different leadership styles, what your natural style is, and how to use it
- What creative thinking is and how to use it
- Discover risk and opportunity management
- Develop an action plan for yourself, your team, and your department or organization
- How to influence key players
- How to motivate and inspire your team
- Hold effective meetings with absolute outcomes
- Handle attitude and performance problems with ease and keep yourself and your company out of hot water
- Communicate effectively and utilize proper reporting procedures increasing understanding and accountability
- Understand task leadership and how to properly delegate
- Promote continuous improvement within your staff
- Get to the root of problems and learn how to facilitate team problem solving promoting buy-in and positive morale
- Explore ways to promote team creativity
- Use these proven techniques to become goal-oriented and how to make the goals clear your staff
- Increase enthusiasm, positive energy, and productivity
- Learn the right questioning techniques to help you get to the root of the problem and encourage efficient problem solving
- Learn essential concepts and strategies for improving communications, evaluating others, and changing procedures
Leadership Skills for Managers and Supervisors
- First Time Managers and Supervisors who want to learn how to be the best at their job
- Seasoned Managers and Supervisors who want to update and sharpen their skills
- Add Leadership Skills to Your Ability, enhance your resume or show your superiors you are serious about your role
- Anyone looking for ways to inspire, guide, and lead people
- People who are looking for a fresh perspective on motivating their employees
- Team Leads, Project Managers and Office Professionals Who Need to Work With Others
“The seminar provided tools to perform my job more effective. I am now more knowledgeable on leadership and efficient. All aspects [of the seminar] were well received.” - Arnold B., Mississauga
“The leader was very engaging. The information and techniques are useful. I now have the ability to plan and execute goals.” - Melissa C., Sudbury
“This is a great look of leadership requirements and challenges that can be faced by management. The tools were very engaging and keeps your attention as you go through the material. I really appreciated the real life examples and the fact the instructor understands the industry.” - Kate H., Mississauga
“I came out of the seminar with a different and improved look on how to communicate with employees and co-workers. I learned how I can elevate the communication and help motivate myself and others. The instructor was excellent!” - Mark J., Mississauga
“I really enjoyed the workshop and would like to investigate other workshops. I enjoyed having real life examples from someone who has this experience directly. The workshop has also made me realize what areas I need to focus on to be an effective leader. The instructor was great.”- Kricia G., Hamilton
“Different strategies and tools to work with employees were given. I will be able to better lead the company with how to treat employees properly. The seminar was very informative. The seminar leader knew their stuff and kept engaging us throughout the day.” - Shirley M., Oshawa
“The seminar was more relevant than other seminars I have attended. I’ll be able to use the tools I’ve learned.” - Julie M., Sudbury
“Gave me new ways of thinking about solutions and my personal character building ideas. These tools can can help my company come together and revisit some things and ways to overcome challenges. The material was well presented.” - Danny F., Hamilton