Training Program Description:
This workshop focuses on the field of EI and your ability to easily recognize the importance of each competency, your strengths and weaknesses in each area, and the skills required in mastering each section.
The ability to manage your emotions plays an incredible role in the success and happiness of your life. Studies conducted during the past 30 years have shown if you want to succeed, you would be much better off working on your soft skills, empathy, communication skills, and understanding of others than to become better at a specific technical skill. Learning to manage your emotions will improve your relationships at work and home, reduce your stress levels, and give you powerful insight as to why you and others behave the way they do.
Career Concepts' Managing Your Emotions workshop is structured around a set of core personal competencies to encourage you to think differently, gain a new perspective and understand the emotions and reactions of yourself and others - giving you the ability to improve your professional and personal life. Whether you are in the midst of change, dealing with a difficult situation, or wanting to improve your wellbeing, this workshop will help you.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how emotions affect others and how others’ emotions affect you
- Learn how to build strong relationships
- Create a positive, healthy work environment
- Gain respect and consensus among your colleagues
- De-stress and lessen frustration while working with others
- Communicate with tact and diplomacy in every situation
- Control your emotions regardless of the situation (and help others control theirs)
- Increase your productivity
- Build instant rapport
- Keep your focus and show that you are paying attention
- Act according to your desires, show presence, and appear charismatic
- Influence others and manage runaway emotions in social encounters
Benefits of Attending:
- Communicate with diplomacy and tact in every situation
- Take control in emotionally charged situations before they get out of hand
- Eliminate uncomfortable tensions that arise when misunderstandings occur
- Increase your visibility in the eyes of your bosses
- Be someone who can be trusted to handle more responsibility
- Build an instant rapport with others
- Improve your results when working with people whose communication and work styles are different from yours
"In the last decade or so, science has discovered a tremendous amount about the role emotions play in our lives. Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and abilities to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life, including family relationships."
- John Gottman, Ph.D.
Managing Your Emotions
"The seminar was set up very well. The leader was open to discussion and presented very good real life situations. I learned how to handle certain situations and how to improve communications and relationships." - Sharon T. - Oshawa, Ontario
"This seminar helped me understand how to change my emotions when speaking with customers and helped me understand why some people are the way they are. I liked learning about different personalities and body language." - Ann S. - Ontario
"This seminar surpassed my expectations in so many ways and on so many levels; personal and professionally. I plan on taking the information I learned back to y team and sharing. I will also suggest more seminars for everyone. The facilitator was simply amazing! The information was wonderful and executed with examples to help us learn and understand." - Jeanette F. - Burlington, Ontario
"This workshop made sense in my personal and professional life. With the tools and techniques given, I will be able to apply them and come back to the reference book. I will be able to improve my communication and understanding with my team. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and easy to interact with." - Roxanne B. - Ottawa, Ontario
"The seminar explored emotional intelligence and how to apply it in personal and professional situations. By utilizing the concepts outlined today , I will be better able to be aware of my own emotional state and connect with others. Great Seminar! Thanks!" - Alissa A. - Kitchener, Ontario
"The facilitator made the workshop relevant to all. Because of this I am able to develop my emotional intelligence and assist staff with theirs. I liked the small class size for this topic, thorough but relaxed pace and adult learning concepts were utilized." - Suzanne M. - Barrie, Ontario
"I learned different techniques to be objective when dealing with employee concerns. I believe by using the techniques learned today I will have control over my emotions and be more effective at performing tasks." - Manjeet J. - Hamilton, Ontario
"The day made me think about how the contents of the seminar effect my daily life. I understand people and their emotions better." - Dave M. - Kitchener, Ontario
“The seminar provided a better understanding of how our emotions are only part of the equation for communicating with others and how those emotions can interfere with our communications or enhance them. Interesting material.” - Cheryl W., Burlington