This workshop offers the knowledge, tools, and techniques to improve your quality and performance. This two-day workshop will build a solid foundation for individuals who manage and contribute to projects.
Career Concepts' Project Management 2-Day workshop is built around solid project management principles while using agile planning methods to match today’s extremely dynamic and demanding environment. Today’s changing markets, technology, and resources during the life span of a typical project requires systematic thought on best practices and established management techniques. And we show you how to do it!
This workshop focuses on the day-to-day running of a project. You will learn how to manage time, resources, cost, risk, and quality using a variety of practical hands-on exercises and you will leave with some great resources.
By The End Of This Course You Will Be Able To:
- Enact a practical and easy to follow guide for small and large scale projects
- Use current time tested tricks of the trade
- Manage resources of your project
- Monitor the progress of your project against targets
- Use Work Break Down Structures to plan a project efficiently
- Handle team members and motivate your team (internally and externally)
- Manage efficient meetings to increase efficiency
- Build and maintain rapport
- Manage change to project requirements
- Understand the seven important areas of project management and effectively manage each one
Whether you manage projects regularly or only once or twice a year, you will benefit from the skills learned and will enhance your ability in managerial and leadership positions.
Explore the delicate balance required to ensure your project`s success without tipping the scales of your personal well-being.
“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.”
Paul J. Meyer
Part One: DEFINING
- What is Project Management?
- What makes a Project Manager Successful?
- Who is on the Team?
- What is a Project Life Cycle?
- Defining Project Scope
- Quality, Constraints & Balance
Part Two: PLANNING
- Developing the Project Plan
- Working with a Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS)
- Effectively Estimating Time
- Scheduling Tools
- Discovering the Critical Path Method
- Assessing Project Risk & Risk Management
- Prioritization of Multiple Projects
- Time Management Quadrant
Part Three: FINANCE
- Behind the Numbers – Forecasting and Budgeting
- Working with Project Life Cycle Cost
- Project Budget Plan Worksheets
Part Four: IMPLEMENTATION
- Project Communication
- Team Meetings
- Managing Through Influence & Persuasion
- Project Reporting
Part Five: MONITOR & CONTROLLING
- Managing Change
- Handling Conflict, Challenging Situations and People
- Project Problem Solving
- Project Notebook
- Project Management Tools / Software
Part Six: COMPLETE & EVALUATE
- Project Completion
- Lessons Learned
- Team Celebration
Great Resources Included in your Manual
- Planning Essentials for All Sizes of Projects
- Project Planning Checklist
- Task Analysis Worksheet
- Gant Chart Template
- Project Status Report Form
- Change Form
- Risk Analysis Form
- Cost / Resource Worksheet
Project Management Basics
- Individuals who are good at what they do and are handling more and more projects, they may not know a lot about project management but they could become very efficient in their respective fields.
- Project Managers who have had little to no formal training
- Project Managers looking for a refresher and what is new and exciting in the field of Project Management
- Project Team Leads who are moving into a supervisor role and wish to gain knowledge to better the team and themselves
- Support Staff and all who help or are a part of the project team
- Administrative Professionals